As we approach the end of another year, it’s time to step back and reflect on the truly important things in life. You know, things like the most-watched YouTube videos. Google’s mega-popular video site released its annual “Rewind” compilation, detailing the Top 10 videos on the site during 2013.
Most of the top ten list consists of music videos and comedy sketches (it’s the Internet, after all), but marketers will be pleased to see that a few corporate campaigns made the list, including Jean Claude Van Damme’s “Epic Split” for Volvo, and “Telekinetic Coffee Shop Surprise,” part of a viral marketing campaign for this year’s remake of Carrie.
Those interested in the full list can check out each video, below, or view YouTube’s mix, above, which compiles the year’s top songs.
- Ylvis – The Fox (What Does The Fox Say?)
- Harlem Shake (Original Army Edition)
- How Animals Eat Their Food
- Miley Cyrus – Wrecking Ball (Chatroulette Version)
- Baby&Me / The New Evian Film
- Volvo Trucks – The Epic Split
- YOLO (feat. Adam Levine & Kendrick Lamar)
- Telekinetic Coffee Shot Surprise
- The NFL: A Bad Lip Reading
- Mozart vs Skrillex: Epic Rap Battles of History Season 2
YouTube also lists other trends for 2013, including the top music videos and top trending channels. Check out the YouTube Rewind 2013 page for the full rundown.