TekRevue and the HT Guys are now working together to bring the HDTV & Home Theater Podcast to you! Each week, join hosts Ara Derderian and Braden Russell as they discuss the latest news, product reviews, and insights from the worlds of home theater, high-def TV, Blu-ray, home automation, and more.
Episode 744 of the HDTV & Home Theater Podcast features a look at the 2016 Hi-Res Symposium, an industry event focused on the future of high resolution digital audio. Representatives from Universal Music Group, The Recording Academy Producers & Engineers Wing, and Sony Electronics met to address the question: how can the music industry educate consumers about hi-res audio and convince them that the higher quality is something that they want to spend money for?
Other notes and topics from the show:
- Optoma readies line of 4K Ultra HD projectors
- Sony says a PS4 with 4K support is on its way
- Apple’s HomeKit Getting Smarter
- Sling TV’s live-streaming service arrives on Apple TV
- Theaters stand in the way of HDR content creators
- Netflix ISP Speed Index
- Blu-ray vs. DVD sales